A POET ethanol plant has a considerable positive effect on a community. It delivers a big impact during the construction phase and then keeps giving in the form of jobs, taxes, increased demand for corn and of course the products it delivers, ethanol, distillers grains and other environmentally-friendly co-products. Better yet, a POET ethanol plant can drive long-term economic development throughout its community and region.
Of course, the financial picture is only one way to look at it. Visit any of the communities where POET operates -- from our headquarters in Sioux Falls to POET Ethanol Products' operations in Wichita to the seven states where we make ethanol -- and you'll meet people with new enthusiasm about their prospects. With economic security comes peace of mind and hope. With a key role producing clean, renewable, domestic energy comes pride.
Each year, a typical 60 MGPY ethanol plant built and operated by POET is expected to:
- Consume approximately 21 million bushels of corn
- Produce 60 million gallons of ethanol
- Produce 178,000 tons of Dakota Gold Enhanced Nutrition Distillers Products™
- Create approximately 40 jobs
- Provide an annual payroll of about $1.8 million
- Drive revenues of restaurants, hotels, entertainment and other businesses
Big Stone, SD
Bingham Lake, MN
Coon Rapids, IA
Lake Crystal, MN
North Manchester, IN
POET Research Center